- Designed the user experience and user interface for a new website for the Safety Management Suite, a SaaS web app providing a suite of tools to manage companies’ safety and compliance needs.
- Helped to make complex data views and search tools easier to understand and use.
- Made complex navigation tasks intuitive and simple.
- Worked with the product manager, product owners, stakeholders, and the development team in continuous delivery and agile methodology, utilizing Azure DevOps.
- Designed every section to work well on all screens, including phone sizes.
- Designed the user experience and user interface for a new website for parents seeking resources for their birth through 5 children in the state of Utah.
- Designed the provider portal in which service providers will maintain their listings and manage family referrals.
- Participated in a thorough research phase, conducting deliberative sessions with parents throughout the state, which gave us a high degree of confidence in our design.
- Delivered mockups demonstrating design solutions for every aspect of the applications—discovery, services, services sub-search, articles, and the Provider Portal with its best in class referral management system.
- The project will bring Utah's system of early childhood services into alignment to provide parents with greater knowledge and choice of state and community-based services and help them overcome the many obstacles they face in acquiring those services.
As part of this talented team of developers, I worked on several projects, performing above and beyond expectations. I helped found and lead a user group for all of STG’s designers to support and grow each others’ talent. Projects include:
- Completely redesigned and extended an extranet portal for Mountain West hospitals and health organizations partnering with U of U Health.
- Designed an interface that conveys the value the organization offers and is extremely easy to use.
- The site contains several custom apps—a job board, file repositories, event calendars, an education media library, an ad builder—all designed to best-in-class user experience.
- Worked with the marketing manager, product owners, stakeholders, and developers in continuous delivery and agile methodology.
- Designed key sections to work well on all screens, including phone sizes.
- Modernized the look of a 20-year-old e-commerce website, streamlining usability, making it user-friendly and intuitive.
- Designed the user experience and user interface for a platform for internal web applications involving data entry, data analysis and processing, and data reporting.
- Implemented Google Material Design system, adapting and extending as needed.
- Created a living design style guide and pattern library to serve many developers in this ongoing endeavor.
- Worked with the product manager, product owners, stakeholders, and the development team in continuous delivery and agile methodology, utilizing Jira.
- Designed the CRE Mobile Toolbox mobile app.
- Implemented Google Material Design system and Apple Human Interface Guidelines, adapting and extending as needed.
- Revamped the user experience and interface for hundreds of in-house web-based applications.
- Redesigned company intranet and public website.
- Worked with the development director, product owners, stakeholders, executives, and the development team in continuous delivery and agile methodology, utilizing Jira.
- Designed for mobile devices from the start, as mobile-first or mobile-ready, as needed.
- Product Design
- User Experience Design
- User Interface Design
- User Research
- User Persona Development
- Responsive/Adaptive/Mobile-Capable Design—from scratch or with Bootstrap
- Content Management Systems Custom Template Design—SharePoint, Joomla, WordPress, Drupal
- Style Guides/Component and Pattern Libraries
Areas of Expertise
- Discovery UX
- Navigation UX
- Form Design
- Data Table Design
- The Visual Display of Quantitative Information
- CSS 3
Computer Software Skills
- Adobe XD, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, InDesign, Audition
- InVision Studio
- Microsoft: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access
- Visual Studio Code
- Jira, Azure DevOps, Trello